Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Obama cult

How crazy is this? The whole Obama mania thing is mind boggling, to say the least. I've said before that there's a cult-like mentality involved in this craziness, but the more I think about it the more I see Barack Obama as nothing more than a charismatic cult leader.

Shop our anti-Obama merchandise and/or pro-Hillary merchandise

As I've said repeatedly, the man has NOTHING to point to as a record when it comes to why he's qualified to be president, so THAT can't be why he's engendered such a passionate response from so many people. Rhetoric about "hope" and "change" may sound good, but there's nothing of substance there, as we have no idea how he plans to bring about these wonderful changes. So what is it, then? Beats me! But I also didn't get why nearly 1,000 people drank poisoned Kool-Aid in the Guyana jungle, or why Manson's "family" went out and killed all those innocent people in L.A., or why 70+ people chose to die in that fire with David Koresh, etc.

People were sucked into believing in those "leaders" based on abstract promises of something better, too. So what distinguishes them from the throngs of misguided people jumping onto the Obama bandwagon? I don't know...

No comments:

Blog Archive